Coalition to Advance Maternal Therapeutics
SMFM jointly launched the Coalition to Advance Maternal Therapeutics (CAMT) with guiding principles to better understand the safety and efficacy of prescription drugs, therapeutics, and vaccines used during
pregnancy and breastfeeding. CAMT advocated for the creation of a federal task force to identify and address gaps in knowledge regarding safe and effective therapies for pregnant and lactating women.
- Success! Included within the 21st Century Cures Act (P.L. 114-255) was a provision to establish the Task Force on Research Specific to Pregnant Women and Lactating Women at NICHD. After a series of in-person meetings, the Task Force issued a report the HHS Secretary and to Congress.
- The Coalition to Advance Maternal Therapeutics wrote a to Secretary Azar urging him to implement the recommendations of the Task Force on Research Specific to Pregnant Women and Lactating Women (PRGLAC) as soon as possible.
- PRGLAC Task Force is extended! In February 2019, HHS announced that it was reviewing the Task Force recommendations in order to better facilitate research in pregnancy and would extend the work of the Task Force.
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics *
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology's Vaccines and Medications in Pregnancy Surveillance System
- American College of Nurse-Midwives
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists *
- Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Endocrine Society
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Genetic Alliance
- March of Dimes *
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health
- National Coalition for Maternal Mental Health
- North American Society for Psychosocial Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Society for Obstetric Anasthesia and Perinatology
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine*
- Society for Women’s Health Research
- Treatment Action Group
- United States Breastfeeding Committee
* Denotes Steering Committee Member