Coalition to Advance Maternal Therapeutics
Other members of CAMT include:
- American College of Nurse-Midwives
- Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health
- Society for Women’s Health Research
UPDATE: Included within the 21st Century Cures Act (P.L. 114-255) is a provision which establishes an federal task force to identify and address gaps in knowledge and research regarding safe and effective therapies for pregnant and lactating women. Within two years, the task force will develop a report to Congress with specific recommendations for addressing the issues identified. The inclusion of this provision was the result of tireless efforts by strong bipartisan champions. CAMT is deeply grateful to Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) and Representatives Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA) and Kathy Castor (D-FL) for their leadership and perseverance.
January 4, 2017: SMFM urges the Secretary of Health and Human Services to begin implementation of the Task Force on Research Specific to Pregnant Women and Lactating Women as soon as possible, and to include a MFM on the Task Force.