Maternal Fetal Medicine opportunities – LSU - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Site Name:
- LSU Health Sciences Center Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Sandra Chavez
- (314) 236-4570
Additional InformationLSU Health Sciences Center Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology seeks exceptional Maternal Fetal Medicine Physicians to join a group of four MFM physicians. There are 2 openings. - Director, Division of Maternal - Fetal Medicine - Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist
Director, Division of Maternal - Fetal Medicine
The physician leader will participate in the development of a strategic vision for the educational, clinical and research missions of the department in a growing MFM Division. The physician candidate must have completed a Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship and must BC in OBGYN and MFM. Ideal candidate will have 5 + years of academic, clinical, and proven leadership experience. Qualified applicants must be eligible for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor (non-tenure, clinical track).
Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist
The physician candidate must have completed an OBGYN Residency and MFM Fellowship and must be BC/BE in OBGYN and MFM. Primary responsibilities for this position include the provision of maternal and fetal care across the Greater New Orleans area through our network of clinical sites, including prenatal diagnosis, consultative and antenatal care services, and ultrasound.
2018 MFM fellows please apply!
About the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
The Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine serves as a resource and referral unit for the Greater New Orleans metropolitan area and beyond - The division is based in 4 hospitals in the New Orleans area and also serves as the regions’ primary academic MFM unit - The division is actively involved in the education of 24 residents and 200 medical students as they rotate through the Obstetrical service - Our primary clinical site, Touro Infirmary, is AIUM certified, and is home to a Level III NICU
- New Orleans is a Louisiana city on the Mississippi River, near the Gulf of Mexico. Nicknamed the “Big Easy”
- New Orleans is a vibrant and diverse community that continues to experience population and economic growth
- It is one of the world's most fascinating cities – it's home to a truly unique melting pot of culture, food and music
- America's most culturally and historically-rich destination
- Museums, theaters, plantations, and parks – you’ll find a unique and exciting experience around every corner
Senior Search Consultant