Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician Opportunity in Sunny Denver!
- Site Name:
- Denver Health
- Chris Carey, MD
Additional InformationDenver Health Medical Center is currently recruiting for a full-time Maternal Fetal Medicine physician to join our group of 20+ physicians and 30+ advanced care providers practicing in Denver, CO.
The ideal candidate will be board certified in Maternal Fetal Medicine and have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience. Our OB/Gyn team is a single integrated obstetrical service that averages 3,500 delivers per year, 40,000 prenatal visits, and 10,000 ultrasounds a year. All high risk women are seen in the Denver Health Women’s’ clinic. Denver Health is an essential teaching site for the University of Colorado School of Medicine, and the position includes an unmodified appointment at the University of Colorado. Residents at the University of Colorado spend approximately one third of their time at Denver Health, and third and fourth year students do rotations at Denver Health.
Our Denver Health obstetrics team has a strong infrastructure for clinical research, having been a participant in the MFMU during the last cycle. Our team also has a strong interest in perinatal mental health and addiction medicine in collaboration with our colleagues in psychiatry. We currently have multiple funded studies related to clinical obstetrics and perinatal mental health. We have an active and growing perinatal addiction medicine service, with a family medicine/addiction medicine specialist who attends in the High Risk OB clinic. We have a psychiatrist who attends a High Risk OB clinic one day per week and licensed clinical psychologists who attend our Women’s clinic every day.
Benefits of practicing at Denver Health include:
- Academic appointment at the University of Colorado
- Resident and medical student teaching opportunities
- Exceptional infrastructure for research and academic time
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Malpractice coverage through the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act
- Relocation assistance Denver Health is a fully integrated network of 9 community health centers, 17 school based clinics, and a Level I 525-licensed bed hospital with a mission of providing access to quality preventative, acute, and chronic healthcare for all citizens of Denver regardless of ability to pay.