UHP OB/GYN Physician - MFM
- Site Name:
- Honolulu, HI
- 1319 Punahou St, Suite 824
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826
- Ivica Zalud
Additional InformationPOSITION SUMMARY
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology seeks an MFM Physician with a strong commitment to patient care, research and medical education. This is a 100% FTE position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The MFM Division has clinical, educational and research responsibilities that must be met. As members of the University of Hawai’i, John A. Burns School of Medicine faculty, the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health, we are dedicated to working together to meet those responsibilities in a professional, caring and enthusiastic manner.
- Under general direction from the chair, division chief and program directors, supervises fellows, residents and medical students in the clinical learning environment and develops learning resources.
- Serves as resource person in their area of specialization and provides lectures as requested on topics in maternal fetal medicine. Evidence of effective teaching is required for the position. This includes evidence of facilitating student/resident/fellow-centered learning, demonstration of a positive attitude to student/resident/fellow growth, and preparedness and skill as preceptor of clinical skills.
- Serves as a Medical Student Advisor and/or Resident/Fellow mentor.
- Serves on University and hospital committees.
- Provides clinical care of patients both in the outpatient and tertiary care hospital setting at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children, Queens Medical Center, Pali Momi Medical Center and other medical institutions affiliated with JABSOM.
- Provides MFM Labor and Delivery and MFM on-call coverage as assigned by the division chief.
- Supervises medical students, residents and fellows in clinical care.
- Develops and conducts research related to maternal fetal medicine, patient care, or methods and techniques of medical education. It is expected that research will result in timely publication of results in peer-reviewed journals that include at least co-authorship of publications.
- Works with affiliate organizations and specialized groups within hospital systems and the community.
- Complies with all legal requirements and company policies.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- MD Degree or equivalent medical degree from a medical school of recognized standing.
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Obstetrics and Gynecology residency program and ABOG/ACGME Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship.
- Board Certified/Eligible in general Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal Fetal Medicine, with the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Must have a current Hawaii medical license or be eligible to apply.
- Demonstrated ability in teaching, research and patient care.
- Poise and good address for meeting and conferring with others.
To Apply: Submit cover letter explaining how you meet the minimum qualifications, current curriculum vitae, names and contact information (including email address) of three professional references, and copies of licenses/certifications to UH Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Chair, Ivica Zalud, M.D., Ph.D., email: email@example.com. Inquiries: (808) 203-6563.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Continued employment subject to terms of employment, job performance and/or continued funding. Complies with all company policies and regulations.