- Site Name:
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Stew Sampsel
Additional InformationJoin a group of three experienced MFM Specialists to provide perinatal services for Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health. The Perinatology Program provides patients with high quality diagnosis, treatment and counseling involving high risk pregnancies including genetic interventions. Guide and supervise the nurses and other clinicians who are involved in delivering services to patients of the service line. Participate in perinatology education and teaching programs and assist in the review of the quality, adequacy and appropriateness of services within the department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide consultation service to physicians on the Lancaster General Hospital medical staff and resident physicians in the Family Practice Residency program.
- Assist in developing and staffing a perinatology service to include genetic services and counseling, evaluation and treatment of high risk pregnancies.
- Evaluate, recommend, plan and implement the use of new technologies and procedures pertaining to perinatal medicine.
- Assist Medical Director to serve as a strategic partner with the senior administrative team to help facilitate organization development/change, strategic initiatives, human performance, and outcomes as needed.
- Work collaboratively with departments and entities within Lancaster General to assess and address performance problems.
- Advise hospital administration and medical staff on perinatal issues and concerns.
- Provide educational services for the medical staff and hospital.
- Provide direct patient care services.
- Provide outstanding service to all customers; foster teamwork; and practice fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
- Assist administration with managing costs and optimizing revenue for the perinatology service.
- M.D. or D.O.
- License to practice medicine in Pennsylvania.
- Sub-specialty certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine (Board Eligible or Board Certified).
- Required Course(s)/Training: Completion of an Obstetrics & Gynecology residency; Completion of Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.