AVP, Maternal Services
- Site Name:
- Human Resources
Surgical Directions, a MEDNAX company, is a leading perioperative, obstetrics and anesthesia consulting firm, that has partnered with over 350 healthcare clients to drive efficiencies and profitable growth. As a rapidly growing organization, we seek to be the leader in healthcare transformation solutions that radically improve client performance and patient lives. We instill realistic and lasting change via our peer-to-peer collaboration, clinical and analytics expertise and proven methodologies. MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care.
- revenue cycle management solutions.
- performance improvement consulting.
The AVP of the Maternal Mortality Reduction Program provides vision and strategic leadership, as well as operational oversight and promotion of the program. The program includes key initiatives, like HRO, to reduce mother mortality during labor & delivery. This role could also assist in expanding the OB transformation and consulting services beyond safety – including process efficiency, patient engagement, OB governance and reporting.
Acts as main liaison with the C suite of all hospital partners, with ability to adequately advocate for the value and impact of the program from a programmatic, population health, and financial perspective.
Works in collaboration with the President of Surgical Directions to establish strategy and yearly performance goals.
Works closely with relevant subject matter experts on all issues related to successful design, implementation and quality monitoring of the program.
Acumen in overseeing the preparation of strategic implementation plans and presenting it to relevant hospital stakeholders.
Has and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the changing health care environment and evaluates the market need for any adjustments to the programmatic or strategic goals of the program.
Expertise in hospital systems operating systems and resources required to successfully design and deploy the Maternal Mortality Reduction MOM program.
Identifies and oversees all continuous quality or performance improvements required for a successful implementation of the program.
Develop viable implementation models that balance and align with the business needs of Surgical Directions and the overall strategic interests of the hospitals, thereby achieving maximum flexibility and long term success of the program.
Support and lead business development and sales efforts for safety and consulting services.
Identify and nurture target hospital and ambulatory client accounts.
Lead the development of new programs and offerings aimed at improving clinical, operational and financial performance of OB departments.
Lead teams to sell and deliver program initiatives.
Ensure program outcomes are established, tracked and met.
Travel up to 80%.
• Clinical Degree: MD/DO or RN required | OB and or Anesthesia
• Must have active licensure in at least one state
• Master's degree in business or healthcare administration required
• Lean/Six Sigma Master Black belt preferred, Black Belt required
• Team STEPPS certification preferred
• Experience with Baldrige, TJC, DNV certification processes preferred
• 5+ years experience in healthcare leadership position required
• 2+ years experience in Quality, Safety, Compliance or PI role required
• Leadership skills; comfort with decision-making responsibilities
• Superior ability to influence and motivate
• Superior analytical ability to apply theories, principles, and practices of several disciplines for problem resolution
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent change management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Superior oral and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts to various stakeholders
MEDNAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply here: http://www.Click2apply.net/wn5vswsm9chw9rxf