Maternal Fetal Medicine Office Clinical Director
- Site Name:
- Inova Alexandria Hospital, Alexandria, VA
- 4320 Seminary Road
Alexandria, Virginia 22304
- Michele Theiss
Additional InformationInova Alexandria Hospital Antenatal Testing Center is an AIUM-certified, physician-led center providing Maternal Fetal Medicine care including consultations on high risk pregnancy and advanced obstetric imaging in a fast-paced outpatient setting.Inova Alexandria Hospital is part of Inova Health System, the largest provider of obstetric services in Northern Virginia. The hospital performs 3500 deliveries a year, has about 40 obstetric providers and a Level 3 NICU. The unit consists of 3 Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians, 5 high risk obstetric sonographers, 4 nurses and 3 front office staff, housed in a modern and attractive unit. Additional services (pediatric subspecialties) are available at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus. A strength of the unit is the strong physician and staff retention with low turnover, due to a positive work environment that fosters a team attitude.The Director provides administrative management to the Antenatal Testing Center with accountability for daily operations. The individual is expected to collaborate with physicians, and lead staff and internal/external customers including patients/families, to assure optimal patient care and outcomes. In addition they must plan for, coordinate and manage staff and organizational resources in order to provide the highest quality patient care in a safe, cost effective, customer-focused environment thereby creating the best place for patients to heal, physicians to practice and staff to work.
Inova Health Systems is named among the Top Workplaces 2019 by Washingtonian Magazine
• Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or a related field, or equivalent. An associate’s degree in obstetric sonography or other imaging modalities could be considered in some instances.
• 3-5 years of progressively responsible staff management experience.
• Relevant leadership experience in a physician practice is strongly preferred.
• Experience with outpatient medical care, preferably in a setting with imaging or procedures done on site.
• Demonstrated understanding of components of practice management, including billing/collection/insurance, performance standards, physician concerns, quality assurance, personnel selection and budgetary planning, control & assessment.
• Ability to supervise professional & non-professional staff & promote staff development through delegation.
• Experience in both High Risk and Low Risk OB Practices ideal but not absolutely necessary.
• Patient Satisfaction Collaborates with the Director to maintain an environment that is patient centered as evidenced by availability of open access including but not limited to the following: same day appointments for relevant diagnoses, future appointments made, adherence to test result reporting guidelines, positive patient comments.
• Health Outcomes Establishes and carries out procedures for appropriate delivery of patient care and monitoring of quality standards in compliance with regulatory and payer guidelines.
• Quality: Assists with maintenance of AIUM certification and following of clinical outcomes.
• Fiscal responsibility Ensures financial success of practice(s) by actively monitoring budget and fiscal operations of assigned cost centers.
• Physician Engagement/Operations Assists in the creation and maintenance of an operationally efficient and physician friendly work environment. Manages resources daily to meet productivity standards and to optimize efficiency, effectiveness, and output of each department.
• Staff Satisfaction Manages daily human resource functions related to staff to ensure continued quality, development and retention. Creates environment where the staff are motivated to do their best, are routinely recognized for good work.
• Growth Facilitates and drives initiatives that enhance practice growth as well as retention of existing patients under the direction of the Director.