Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist / Fetal Interventionist
- Site Name:
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Katie Fryer
Additional InformationAllina Health is recruiting a Fetal Interventionist / Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist. This position will be part of the Midwest Fetal Care Center, a collaboration between Allina Health and Children’s Minnesota.
- Participate as a Midwest Fetal Care Center (MWFCC) fellowship trained, fetal interventionalist and MFM specialist
- Participates in process improvement for quality care and supports the vision of the MWFCC program.
- Participates in the development and utilization of clinical pathways and research related to fetal interventions
- Works toward MWFCC’s recognition as a quality leader in the MFM/Fetal Intervention community
- Provides direct patient care for clinical patients for designated specialty
- Functions appropriately as part of care delivery team through efficient use of resources and skills, both their own and those of other providers and staff ·
- Chart in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management
- This position requires a Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship with board eligibility and achievement of board certification within stated timeframes.
- Fetal Intervention Fellowship
- Demonstrated interest in the ongoing development and advancement of the Midwest Fetal Care Center and fetal intervention, with an exhibited passion for clinical excellence and improvement in the field.
- Ability to communicate effectively and assist other clinical and program leaders in the structure and development of specific fetal interventions and clinical protocols associated with the program, including but not limited to best practice research/benchmarking, evidence-based clinical protocols, and outcomes analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with medical staff and related clinicians, specifically to engage around program excellence, growth and improvement. Must demonstrate ability to utilize effective decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution techniques.
- Fellowship trained maternal fetal medicine specialist with experience in MFM and fetal interventions; will be employed by Allina Health as a part of a subspecialty model within the Minnesota Perinatal Physician group practice and will work with the Midwest Fetal Care Center.
- Demonstrated successful track record as a clinical team member, working effectively with physicians and clinical staff.
- Experience or training with invasive and/or minimally invasive fetal procedures (fetal blood sampling and transfusion, thoracoamniotic and vesicoamniotic shunting, laser ablation for twin to twin transfusion syndrome, hysterotomy for open fetal surgery and laparoscopic fetal surgery preferred).
- Must have current, unrestricted Minnesota State Medical Licensure
- Full time position including clinic, call rotation consisting of holidays/nights/weekends and administrative time
- Benefit eligible