FT faculty position (Assistant Professor /Associate Professor/ Professor) of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Site Name:
- University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY
- 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 668
Rochester, New York 14642
- Loralei Thornburg
Additional InformationThe University of Rochester School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, is recruiting for a full time academic position (Assistant Professor /Associate Professor/ Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology appointment based on prior experience) in Maternal-Fetal Medicine. This faculty member will serve with other 12 established MFM’s to provide complete maternal-fetal care to those within the Upstate NY region. Responsibilities including full spectrum perinatal medicine, including L&D coverage and limited in-house night call (1-2 per month) as well as home (pager) MFM call. Faculty are expected to participate in both inpatient and outpatient high risk obstetrical management, ultrasound and ultrasound guided procedures, teaching of fellows, residents and medical students, and research. Candidate must have an MD or equivalent degree and be BE/BC in Obstetrics and Gynecology and in Maternal Fetal Medicine. The applicant must be eligible for NYS license. A post-offer health assessment and drug testing is required to be performed on-site. The University of Rochester has a strong commitment to principles of diversity and, in that spirit, actively encourages applications from groups underrepresented in higher education.
Interested individuals should apply on-line to Job posting #227281 at http://www.rochester.edu/working/hr/jobs/
- University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) faculty position with all of its attendant benefits and collaboration potential
- Teaching opportunities
- Salary commensurate with experience and role
- Join an expanding team currently consisting of 12 MFM physicians (2 with MFM/Genetics training), 6 MFM fellows, 5 genetic counselors covering multiple ultrasound, outpatient and telemedicine sites.
- Enjoy full URMC benefits including productivity incentives and relocation benefits
- Opportunity to expand and build services in underserved communities with diverse patient populations
- Level IV onsite NICU services with the full scope of pediatric specialties.
- Full spectrum of perinatal medicine, including L&D coverage and limited in-house night call (1-2 per month) as well as home (pager) MFM call (approx 1 in 10).
- Opportunities for potential leadership roles within the dept/division
- Inpatient and outpatient high risk obstetrical management
- US & US guided procedures with team of 12 dedicated Ob/Gyn sonographers
- Teaching of fellows, residents, medical students, and research.
- Board certification/eligibility in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Eligibility for NYS License
Western New York & University of Rochester Medical Center:
- Western New York is a vibrant area with multiple mid-sized cities with the culture and atmosphere of a larger city, while retaining the ease of transportation and low cost of living of a smaller community
- Local schools and universities are highly ranked nationally
- University of Rochester has a strong commitment to principles of diversity, and is a friendly and collegial place to work
- The University of Rochester is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.