Maternal-Fetal Medicine Physician
- Site Name:
- Northwest Perinatal Center
- 5050 NE Hoyt Street, Suite 230
Portland, Oregon 97213
- Candace Trotter
- Summer 2021
Additional InformationWe wake up for women, every day. We're inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
We are seeking a MFM Physician to join our group at Northwest Perinatal Center, which is the high-risk pregnancy division of Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC (WHA), in Portland, Oregon. WHA is a clinician-owned group practice and the largest women's health care organization in Oregon. We offer obstetrics, gynecology, perinatology, midwifery and genetics from 15 clinical locations throughout the Portland metro area. Our clinicians are supported in-house IT, billing, financial, risk management, compliance, human resources and marketing specialists. They also have the opportunity to pursue their interests outside of clinical care in leadership, quality improvement, practice transformation, HIM and other strategic initiatives.
We are seeking one outstanding BC/BE MFM physician to join our current group of 8 MFM providers starting in 2021 as one of our senior partners transitions into retirement. Ideal candidates for this position would have a strong desire for a career that values:
- excellence in evidence-based, consensus-driven clinical care
- teamwork and collegiality
- work-life harmony
- working in an engaging, efficient practice environment purposefully managed to enable you to take great care of your patients
- 8 MFM physicians (every provider has been individually selected as a Portland Monthly Top Doctor at least once in the last 3 years).
- 3 genetic counselors
- 23 sonographers performing 30,000+ ultrasounds annually
- 1 behavioral health provider
- working with an amazing group of dedicated partners and staff with a shared vision of excellence in clinical care
- having work-life balance with a 4-day work week and a projected 1 in 8 night call frequency covering 2 hospitals with integrated OB hospitalist inpatient coverage
- providing care to a diverse population of patients in a unique private practice setting that is nationally-recognized for clinical efficiency and process optimization
- practicing within the global structure of WHA with its provider-guided, administrative support infrastructure [e.g. contracting, HR, IT support, billing]
- engaging in career fulfillment at NWP, such as:
- regular consensus clinical standardization meetings
- clinical and operational collaboration with referring providers subspecialists, hospital administration, and industry partners
- perinatal and ultrasound educational lecture and publication series
- supplemental clinical project financial support
- Doctor of Medicine degree or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an accredited program.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine (or completion prior to start date at WHA).
- Board eligible or board certified in both Obstetrics/Gynecology and Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Oregon (or licensed prior to hire date) without restriction or qualification.
- Valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate.
- Able to obtain medical staff membership and appropriate clinical privileges in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at hospital(s) designated by WHA, with no restrictions or conditions.
- Meets all criteria required of participating physicians in health plans and government health programs designated by WHA.
- Insurable by malpractice carrier for WHA in minimum amounts required by WHA.
For additional information about this position, or to apply, please submit a CV and cover letter: Candace Trotter, Director of Human Resources, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org