Director, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Site Name:
- NYU Langone Health, New York, NY
- 550 First Ave
New York, New York 10016
- Adriana Ferrara, Divisional Coordinator
Additional InformationNYU Langone Health, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at NYU Langone Health is seeking a Director for Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) to join our thriving MFM Faculty Group Practice. We are a high-volume academic center in a tertiary care referral network serving a diverse patient population. Our physicians care for both low and high-risk pregnancies with approximately 6,000 deliveries per year at our Manhattan campus, and over 17,000 deliveries health system wide across our Brooklyn and Long Island campuses. Tisch Hospital is designated by New York State as a Regional Perinatal Center and offers the full breadth of maternal and pediatric subspecialties, including neonatal ECMO.
The Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine has grown tremendously in the past decade, and now includes 10 Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists and a very busy ultrasound practice with more than 25 sonographers. MFM faculty collaborate closely with leadership in pediatric, adult subspecialties, nursing, and quality and safety. The division has a long-standing MFM fellowship program with two fellows per year who rotate at our NYU Manhattan and Brooklyn campuses and Bellevue Hospital Center. The busy outpatient practice and inpatient services provide a wealth of opportunity to continue to grow clinical research within the division. The division has already had great success in building research infrastructure and collaborations across NYU and beyond, and there is opportunity to build on this to increase research productivity and reputation.
The Director of MFM will report directly to the Department Chair for Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs-Obstetrics. The Director will oversee operations at our NYU MFM outpatient sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn, which include a director of obstetrical ultrasound in Manhattan, a site director of MFM at NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn, and a director of MFM and ultrasound at Bellevue Hospital.
This is an excellent opportunity for a physician who is seeking a position that combines both academics and clinical care. Mentorship will be provided with opportunities to expand skills and advance professionally. Candidates must be board-certified in MFM by ABOG and demonstrate a strong commitment to patient care as well as fellow, resident, and medical student education. The successful candidate should have a clinical vision to continue the exponential growth the division has experienced over the past 7 years; a track record of independent funded research is preferred. For candidates with existing research funding, NYU is able to provide support to enable the Director to transfer and re-establish their research infrastructure at NYU. Requirements for physicians include successful completion of a U.S. Accredited OB/GYN Residency training program, a New York State Medical license and, qualifications commensurate with academic appointment at the associate professor level or greater. Competitive compensation package is offered with productivity bonus.
Applicants should have successfully completed a U.S. Accredited OB/GYN Residency training program Candidates can apply online through http://apply.interfolio.com/97213 Cover letter and CV are required.
- Set goals and objectives for the MFM division that are consistent with the mission and vision of the department and health system.
- Delineate strategies and tactics for implementing and achieving value-based goals.
- Ensure the execution of strategic initiatives;
- Provide oversight to the Director of the MFM Fellowship Program, ensuring that the program meets the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) sub-specialty training requirements for the maternal fetal medicine
- Provide operational and mentoring oversight to the Tisch Hospital Director of Obstetrical Ultrasound and the Site Director of Maternal Fetal Medicine at NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn.
- Monitor research activities conducted by members of the MFM Division to ensure compliance with institutional mission and standards;
- Grow the existing research infrastructure and work to augment funding, publication, and recognition of the division’s research;
- Maintain and promote quality, safe and efficient clinical care in MFM practices;
- Provide leadership and mentorship to MFM faculty, fellows, residents, and students to improve quality of care, patient service, and medical knowledge;
- Manage all aspects of the MFM physician schedules, while meeting all clinical and academic obligations at Tisch, Bellevue, and Gouverneur Hospitals, and office locations;
- Develop and maintain protocols for patient care to optimize efficiency and patient safety;
- Develop cohesive, collaborative approaches to the care of the pregnancies with the high risk fetal and/or maternal issues in coordination with pediatric genetics, radiology (i.e., prenatal MRI), pediatric subspecialties and OB anesthesiology, maternal subspecialties, and the delivering obstetrician;
- Lead outreach efforts on behalf of the NYU Maternal Fetal Care Center.