Section Chief, Maternal Fetal Medicine - Carilion Clinic, Roanoke, VA
- Site Name:
- Roanoke, VA
- 213 South Jefferson St, Suite 1401
Roanoke, Virginia 24011
- Penny Daniel
Additional InformationThe Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Carilion Clinic and Virginia Tech-Carilion School of Medicine is seeking a Section Chief for Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM). The Section of MFM practices from Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, a 763-bed teaching/tertiary referral center with Virginia State-designated Level 1 Trauma Center and Level III Nursery serving one million people throughout western Virginia. Our Maternal Fetal Medicine practice provides the full spectrum of MFM clinical services, genetic counseling, teaching Medical Students and Residents of our fully accredited OBGYN residency program and engages in clinical research. The Section also provides consultative services around the region to multiple OBGYN practices and is the only referral center for High-Risk Obstetrics in the region.
The Chief of MFM will report directly to the Department Chair for Obstetrics and Gynecology. The Director will oversee operations at our outpatient location, including 3 other MFM faculty, 2 genetic counselors and ultrasound technicians. This is an excellent opportunity for a physician who is seeking a position that combines both academics and clinical care. Support will be provided with opportunities to expand leadership skills and advance professionally. Candidates must be board-certified in MFM by ABOG and demonstrate a strong commitment to patient care as well as resident and medical student education. The successful candidate should have a clinical vision to continue the exponential growth of the Section; and a track record of proven leadership. Requirements for physicians include successful completion of a U.S. Accredited OBGYN Residency training program, a Virginia Medical license and, qualifications commensurate with academic appointment at the associate professor level or greater.
Carilion Clinic is the largest not-for-profit integrated health system in western Virginia, serving nearly one million people. Carilion includes seven hospitals, 280+ practice locations, and 28 GME programs with 780+ physicians in over 75+ specialties. Carilion is a physician-led, collaborative, interdisciplinary Integrated Healthcare Delivery System with a common philosophy of patients first. CRMH is a Magnet Hospital with many awards including one of the most wired and wireless hospitals in the United States and over 3200 deliveries. In 2007, Carilion partnered with Virginia Tech to create the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine (VTCSOM) and the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC. The position includes the opportunity for academic appointment to VTCSOM, and research interests are supported.
\Roanoke is a multicultural metropolitan area of over 300,000, located at the southern tip of Virginia's spectacular Shenandoah Valley, surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and the stunning 22,000-acre Smith Mountain Lake. The area offers exceptional outdoor activities but also extensive sports and cultural activities from fine dining, to multiple musical venues and playhouses, to symphonies, opera and ballets. Access to major air travel hubs is convenient through the Roanoke Blacksburg Regional Airport. The weather features mild winters, an abundance of sunshine, and extended spring and autumn seasons. The region features highly ranked schools and universities and has been coined “the best kept secret in the east.”
A competitive compensation package including comprehensive benefits and productivity bonus is offered to the right candidate. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
• Set goals and objectives for the MFM Section that are consistent with the mission and vision of the department and health system.
• Delineate strategies and tactics for implementing and achieving value-based goals
• Ensure the execution of strategic initiatives
• Monitor research activities conducted by members of the MFM Section to ensure compliance with institutional mission and standards
• Grow the existing research infrastructure and work to augment funding, publication, and recognition of the division’s research
• Maintain and promote quality, safe and efficient clinical care in MFM practice
• Provide leadership and mentorship to MFM faculty, residents, and students to improve quality of care, patient service, and medical knowledge
• Manage all aspects of the MFM physician schedules, while meeting all clinical and academic obligations
• Develop and maintain protocols for patient care to optimize efficiency and patient safety
• Develop cohesive, collaborative approaches to the care of the pregnancies with the high risk fetal and/or maternal issues in coordination with pediatric genetics, radiology (i.e., prenatal MRI), pediatric subspecialties and OB anesthesiology, maternal subspecialties, and the delivering obstetrician
• Lead regional outreach efforts on behalf of the Carilion Clinic
For confidential consideration, submit CV and Cover Letter outlining interests and work experience to Isaiah Johnson, MD, Interim Chair, Department of OBGYN and Medical Director, Women’s Quality & Patient Safety, c/o Penny Daniel, Senior Recruiter, Carilion Clinic @ email@example.com. Review of credentials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorites/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity