Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship Program Director: Leadership Opportunity with Top-Rated Teaching Hospital in Tucson, AZ!
- Site Name:
- Banner University Medical Center - Tucson
- 1625 N Campbell Ave.
Tucson, Arizona 85719
- Tara Waltz
The Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Banner University Medical Center is seeking a Full-Time physician with at least five years of experience, demonstrating clinical and scholarly expertise in Maternal-Fetal Medicine. The MFM physician will be responsible for patient care (inpatient and outpatient) and teaching medical students, residents, and fellows. Currently, the Division has six board-certified Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialists. The qualified candidate will receive a faculty appointment with the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials.
The incumbent will also serve as the Fellowship Program Director, for our three-year ACGME accredited clinical program. The fellowship program has three fellows, one fellow each year from a national pool of applicants. In addition, they provide inpatient and outpatient clinical services at Banner University Medical Center (BUMC-T) in Tucson, AZ. The Program Director will oversee the MFM fellowship training program by implementing ACGME and institutional policies and directing activities involving education, evaluation, recruitment, interviewing, and selection of fellows. 0.8 FTE of clinical practice will include ultrasound imaging, fetal echocardiography, consultation, management of prenatal, antepartum, and labor and delivery patients. In addition, the University of Arizona College of Medicine at Tucson has a well-developed research infrastructure to support early and mid-level investigators in their research endeavors.
- 0.2FTE Fellowship Program Director / 0.8FTE Clinical
- Activities involving education, evaluation, recruitment, interviewing, and selection of fellows
- Administration and regulatory compliance of the MFM Fellowship Program
- Coverage of high-risk clinics, ultrasound, and consults
- Labor and delivery coverage as needed
- In-house call and back-up perinatal call
- Teaching and mentoring of residents, medical students, and fellows
- 5 years experience
- AZ medical license
- BC in OBGYN and MFM
- Must work well with patients, colleagues, and administration
- Must possess a desire to work with diverse students and colleagues
- Excellence in research and teaching experience is required
- Sign-on/relocation bonus
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- Loan repayment assistance
- ATO & CME days with $5,000 CME allowance / year
- Paid malpractice, licensure & DEA registration fees
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Tuition benefits for you and your immediate family (qualifications/restrictions apply)
For questions, please call Tara Waltz, Sourcing Strategist, at 602-747-8203
Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.