Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) Specialist at Minneapolis MN Safety Net Hospital - Part-time (0.8 FTE) w/excellent benefits!
- Site Name:
- Minneapolis, MN
- 701 Park Ave
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55042
- Laura Hood
About our MFM Division
- Provides inpatient and outpatient consultative service for obstetric generalists, advanced practice providers (including certified nurse midwives) and family medicine physicians.
- Division performs about 5000 obstetric ultrasounds per year.
- Division includes Genetic Counselors who see about 1000 patients per year.
- This position will join another experienced MFM specialist
About our OB/Gyn Department
- Handles approximately 1800 deliveries each year
- Offers full spectrum obstetric and gynecologic care for many conditions including high risk pregnancy, prenatal diagnosis, genetic counseling, endometriosis, fibroids, incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse, as well as gynecologic surgery.
- Patients have access to doula care, pelvic floor physical therapy, lactation support, integrative health services, and minimally invasive procedures within our clinic and hospital system.
- Focused on improving maternal health outcomes and maternal mortality
- Recognizes the critical impact of mental health on new parents and families, and proudly collaborates with psychiatry providers in our clinic as well as the Mother-Baby program as part of the Redleaf Center for Family Healing which offers a range of multi-generational, trauma-informed mental health services to support pregnant women and families with children ages newborn to 5 years old.
- The department has a strong commitment to health equity and caring for a diverse population of patients
- Part-time (0.8 FTE) position with excellent benefits
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Weekday schedule; No call required; great work-life balance
- As a University of Minnesota teaching affiliate, mentoring medical students, OB/GYN residents, and MFM fellows is an integral component of this position
- MFM physicians at any stage of their career are encouraged to apply
- MD, DO, or MBBS
- Completion of an OB/GYN residency and MFM fellowship
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- If Board Eligible, must be certified within 4 years of training completion
- Previous experience in the sub-specialty of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Shared commitment to health equity and caring for a diverse population of patients
Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements. Positions at Hennepin Healthcare are credentialed through the Office of the Medical Staff according to their policies.
If you have any questions before applying, please contact Laura Hood, Recruiter, at Laura.Hood@hcmed.org
Hennepin Healthcare (a subsidiary corporation of Hennepin County) is a public, integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 473-bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics throughout Hennepin County. We partner with our community, our patients, and their families to ensure access to outstanding care for everyone while improving health and wellness through teaching, patient and community education, and research.
We believe equity is essential for optimal health outcomes and are committed to achieve optimal health for all by actively eliminating barriers due to racism, poverty, gender identity, and other determinants of health. We are deeply committed to the goals of health equity and antiracism by teaching and working in an environment characterized by celebrating diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Applicants from diverse backgrounds or historically under-resourced communities are especially encouraged to apply.