Academic Opportunity: IDEAL SW Location | Financially Stable Banner Health with Fitch & S&P Rating AA-!
- Site Name:
- Phoenix, AZ
- 1801 16th St.
Phoenix, Arizona 85006
- Karisia Santana
- Entry level
Banner University Medical Center Phoenix invites applications for faculty for the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. This is an opportunity for an outstanding academic clinician who would be interested in building distinctive clinical programs within the division and contributing to the academic mission of the department.
The Department of OBGYN is experiencing a period of clinical and academic growth under the leadership of Dr Rosanne Kho, a recognized leader in gynecologic surgery and clinical investigation. The department currently hosts 36 residents, 3 Maternal Fetal Medicine fellows, 3 Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery fellows, and 1 Addiction Medicine fellow. Faculty provides clinical services and mentor trainees at the Banner-University Medical Center Phoenix, Scottsdale and at the newly built Arcadia facilities. Mirroring the growth in population in the Phoenix metropolitan area, the department is experiencing rapid extension of the clinical enterprise with year-over-year increases of surgical volume, clinic visit volumes and hospital deliveries.
The labor and delivery and maternity units are housed within the medical center located within central Phoenix. It is attended by over 100 obstetrics and gynecology specialists and subspecialists who provide routine and high-risk obstetrical care for a record number of 7000 deliveries in 2022. BUMCP has a busy accreta program and is the referral center for the valley. The Women’s and Infants services at BUMCP was recently recognized as a Level 4 perinatal center by the Arizona Perinatal Trust reflecting the comprehensive, mature and high-level perinatal care program. In addition to the in-house educational and care delivery programs, the department holds an annual CME symposium on Critical Care in Obstetrics and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery that is well-attended and recognized for innovation and integrated teaching.
The individual in this position will be an integral member of the core faculty in the division of MFM. They will work closely with the Director of MFM division in building multi-disciplinary centers of excellence such as in Fetal Medicine and Critical Care. They will participate actively in the residency and fellowship programs, and contribute to the research and scholarly work within the department.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished physician leader in the community. A track record of teaching and research work would be highly preferred. They will work alongside the Director of the Division and Chair of the Department and focus their efforts to achieve a tripartite mission of excellence in clinical care, research and education. The faculty will receive an academic appointment with University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix.
The University of Arizona (UofA)
The University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix (COM-P) invites applications for the Vice Chair of Obstetrics Services and Director for the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine. This is an academic leadership position that will work alongside the Chair and focus on strategies for excellence in clinical care, research and education. Please apply through the University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix, REQ16441. UArizona is one of the nation's premier research institutions. The National Science Foundation ranks the university 21st in research and development expenditures among U.S. public and private universities. The Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research ranks UArizona 47 of 142 institutions for NIH funding.
Banner University Medicine
In 2015, Banner Health merged with the University of Arizona Health Network to form Banner University Medicine. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine - research, teaching and patient care - across three academic medical centers in Phoenix and Tucson. Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix (BUMC-P) is currently licensed for 766 beds. In 2019, BUMC-P constructed a new tower with 278 beds, but only netted an addition of 33 to the campus. Campus has 378 private rooms and features a total of 24 operating rooms (OR’s) with shell space for 4 more OR’s that will be built out when needed. The hospital is located 1 mile away from the COM-P campus.
- Subspecialty training and certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Academic rank of Assistant or Associate Professor
- Board certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Subspecialty board certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Recognized clinician with strong communication skills
- Must be viewed by stakeholders as a strong advocate for creating and balancing clinical, academic and educational missions within the division
- Be a willing collaborator with colleagues outside of the division
- Establish clinical practice
- Provide residency and fellowship teaching in the outpatient and inpatient areas
- Build specialized and comprehensive programs in MFM and obstetrics
- Build internal and external relationships to inspire and promote collaborations across the health system
- Promote and provide a teaching environment of the highest quality and integrity
- Initiate and contribute clinical and research programs through innovation and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Sign-on/relocation bonus
- Eligible for benefit coverage within 30 days
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- 22 vacation days & 6 holidays
- 5 CME days, with $5,000 in reimbursement each year
- Paid malpractice, licensure & DEA registration fees
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
- Tuition benefits for you and your immediate family (qualifications/restrictions apply)
Our Community: Iconic Desert. Beautiful Skylines. Greater Phoenix, AZ is the nation’s sunniest metropolis and the cosmopolitan heart of the majestic Arizona desert. It's a city that basks in year-round sunshine with stunning Sonoran Desert scenery. Phoenix is the United States’ sixth-largest city with a population of over 1.4 million, home to 200+ golf courses, MLB Spring Training mecca, daytrip drive to six different lakes, culturally enriches with a plethora of museums, as well as an extensive offering of casual patio dining, destination spas, and upscale shopping. The area offers miles of hiking, biking and equestrian trails, professional sports, world-class theater, and exceptional musical entertainment. Adventure, fresh air, and beautiful sunsets… Arizona has it all.
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.