Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Site Name:
- Tacoma, Washington
- Darcy Leaman
- Salary Range:
- New Grad - Experienced
Virginia Mason Franciscan HealthMATERNAL-FETAL MEDICINE SPECIALIST:
Maternal Fetal Medicine Opportunity: Franciscan Maternal-Fetal Medicine Associates
Opportunity for a Fellowship trained Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician to join our thriving group. This position includes work at our base location St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma, with opportunities to cover our clinics in Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Lakewood, Federal Way and Burien.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible Maternal Fetal Medicine (ABOG)
- Must be licensed in Washington State prior to start date
- DEA, NPI & prescriptive authority
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers certification by the American Heart Association
All staff are expected to demonstrate and support our system's Values which include:
- Care with listening, empathy and love.
- Accompany and comfort those in need of healing.
- Celebrate each person’s gifts and voice.
- Respect the dignity of all.
- Inspire trust through honesty.
- Demonstrate courage in the face of inequity.
- Serve with fullest passion, creativity and stewardship.
- Exceed expectations of others and ourselves.
- Commit to the power of working together.
- Build and nurture meaningful relationships.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Consistent with our Core Values, we are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health is a leading health system in Washington state. Formed by the integration of two outstanding health systems — CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason — Virginia Mason Franciscan Health offers a wealth of convenient hospital, clinic and care locations in western Washington.
With more than 18,000 team members and staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers, Virginia Mason Franciscan Health provides expert, compassionate medical care at 10 hospitals and nearly 300 care sites throughout the Puget Sound region.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health has nearly 1,500 hospital beds and also includes Bailey-Boushay House, the first skilled-nursing and outpatient chronic care management program in the United States designed specifically to meet the needs of people with HIV/AIDS; Benaroya Research Institute, which is internationally recognized for autoimmune disease research; and Virginia Mason Institute, which trains health care professionals and others around the world in the Virginia Mason Production System, an innovative management method for improving quality and safety.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health includes hospitals throughout Washington, including:
- St. Anne Hospital in Burien
- St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor
- St. Clare Hospital in Lakewood
- St. Elizabeth Hospital in Enumclaw
- St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way
- St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma
- St. Michael Medical Center in Silverdale
- Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle
- Rehabilitation Hospital in Tacoma
- Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital, Tacoma in Tacoma
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health offers a wide range of conveniently located clinics and specialty centers so you can get the care you need, when you need it, close to home.
- More than 300 care facilities across western Washington, including primary care clinics, specialty centers and same-day surgery sites
- Walk-in and urgent care locations for non-emergency medical care are open evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Virtual urgent care for minor medical issues, such as colds, flu and bladder infections, that can be addressed from the comfort of your home
- A regional network of primary care and specialty care clinics , doctors and other professional providers
- Center for Cardiovascular Health
- Center for Digestive Health
- Center for Neurosciences & Spine
- Dialysis centers
- Occupational health and rehabilitation
- Specialized women’s care, including breast health, pelvic health, gynecology and pregnancy and childbirth
- Orthopedics and sports medicine care
- Hospice & Palliative Care
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical, mental or other disability, citizenship, medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by Virginia Mason Franciscan Health directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which Virginia Mason Franciscan Health arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
Resting on the beautiful shores of the shimmering Puget Sound, Tacoma is a city comprised of several neighborhoods, each possessing their own set of unique characteristics. Since the late 1800s, Tacoma has been known as the “City of Destiny,” and many of its residents today still fondly refer to the largest city in Pierce County as such.
Large enough to offer variety but small enough to feel like home, Tacoma fosters a diverse range of people, places and pastimes. Top-notch parks provide space for play and relaxation, while a continually growing downtown scene offers fun dining and nightlife spots. An impressive selection of dynamic museums, three universities, and an expanding transportation system all show Tacoma’s unwavering dedication to growing and developing its already dynamic and colorful personality!
Centrally situated on the beautiful Puget Sound, many choose Tacoma for its ideal location. Tacoma’s northernmost tip begins at the expansive Point Defiance Park, and trails down along the waterfront to the east and the west, passing through a range of residential neighborhoods, urban hubs, and serene stretches of natural beauty. Commencement Bay spans from Downtown Tacoma to Browns Point, with the industrial Port of Tacoma bustling in between. And finally, highway I-5 runs north and south, connecting Tacoma to Seattle, Olympia, and Joint Base Lewis-McChord, while the Narrows Bridge in the west end joins Tacoma to Gig Harbor.
We are part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org
Placement of new hires will be in the listed range based on factors such as education, training, and experience. The compensation amounts listed may also include productivity, quality/service incentives, call pay, extra shift incentives, as applicable to the position and FTE status.
The posted compensation range is a reasonable starting salary estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. Amounts listed may include productivity, quality/service incentives, call pay, extra shift incentives as applicable to the position. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you and your family with benefits that include medical/dental/vision/pharmacy, FSA, retirement plans, life insurance, time away, well-being programs, and more!
Per Diem Status: Includes malpractice coverage and eligibility to contribute to our 401(k) plan.
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.