Prenatal Genetics 2019
Designed for all OB providers, including OBGYN generalists as well as MFM specialists. Genetics expert, Dr. Mary Norton, will lead a case-based, interactive course focused on testing for prenatal aneuploidy, prenatal diagnostic testing, carrier screening, chromosomal microarray analysis, and new advances in molecular testing including whole genome and exome sequencing for evaluation of fetal structural anomalies. Our expert panel will review interesting cases, including any submitted by the attendees.
- Cell-free DNA Screening: Aneuploidy and Beyond
- Expanded Carrier Screening: Promise and Pitfalls
- Evaluation of Ultrasound Abnormalities: Optimizing Use of Genetic Tests from cfDNA to Whole Exome Sequencing
- Complex Counseling Scenarios: What to Say
- See all the sessions by viewing the course brochure.
Mary E. Norton, MD
Lorraine Dugoff, MD; Jeffrey Dungan, MD; Britton Rink, MD
- Register: Advanced registration closed on August 28 and re-open onsite in Chicago on September 3.
- Hotel: The Prenatal Genetics Course will be held at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel (163 East Walton Place At North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611). Our block of rooms is now sold out. You can still book online or call +1 (800) 621-8140. Please identify your affiliation with the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine when calling.
- Exhibit and sponsorship opportunities are available. Please download the prospectus or contact Darryl Diamond (email@example.com) for more information about our exhibit/sponsorship opportunities.
- CME: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Global Learning Collaborative (GLC) and SMFM. GLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Global Learning Collaborative designates this enduring material for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please note: this course will run back-to-back with the 4th Annual Maternal Medicine Course on September 5-6, also in Chicago. Register for both the Prenatal Genetics Course and the Maternal Medicine Course and receive a 10% discount. Discount will be applied to your second registration.
Questions? Please contact Darryl Diamond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration fees include continental breakfast, lunch, coffee breaks, and access to course materials online.
Registration is now closed. It will reopen for a limited number of onsite slots on September 4.
Physician (SMFM Member): $680
Genetic Counselor/Nurse/MFM Fellow (SMFM Member): $520
Onsite, course prices will increase $100 in each category listed above.
SMFM welcomes new members. Join now to save on this course, as well as all of our educational offerings. From MFMs and fellows to practice administrators, billing and coding experts, genetic counselors and nurses, there is a membership option available for all stages of your career.
back to events