4th Annual Maternal Medicine Course
Designed for all members of the OB care team! Learn from the nation's leading experts in high-risk obstetric care at SMFM's fourth annual course on maternal complications. This course is clinically-oriented and designed to allow ample time for case presentation, discussion and interaction with the faculty. The complete course program and faculty line-up is available here.
Course Topics Include
- Complicated Chronic Hypertension and Preeclampsia
- The Golden Hour, What to Do If You Are All Alone? (PE, MI, TTP-UHS, Stroke, Arrhythmias, DKA, Sepsis)
- Management of Anticoagulation in the Cardiac Patient
- Management of Opioid Abuse During Pregnancy (Methadone, Buprenorphine, Withdrawal)
Course Faculty: Luis Pacheco, MD (Course Director); George Saade, MD (Course Director); Uri Elkayam, MD; Andra H. James, MD, MPH; Barbara Parilla, MD; Baha Sibai, MD; Bob Silver, MD; and Emily Szmuilowicz, MD
- Register. There are two ways: 1.) click on the aqua "register now" button below to begin online registration. This option is available to both SMFM members and non-members; or 2.) download the course brochure, which includes a registration form on the last page. Please note: advance registration will close on August 28 and re-open onsite in Chicago on September 3.
- Discounts Available! This course will run back-to-back with SMFM's Second Annual Prenatal Genetics Course on September 4, also in Chicago. Register for both the Prenatal Genetics Course and the Maternal Medicine Course and receive a 10% discount. The discount will be applied to your second registration.
- Book a hotel room. The course will be held at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel (163 East Walton Place At North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611). Our block of rooms is now sold out. You can still book online or call +1 (800) 621-8140. Please identify your affiliation with the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine when calling.
- Exhibit and Sponsorship Opportunities Available. Please download the prospectus or contact Darryl Diamond (email@example.com) for more information about our exhibit/sponsorship opportunities.
- CME. The American Medical Association has approved this activity for 13.25 CME Category 1 Credits™
- Questions? Please contact Darryl Diamond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration fees include continental breakfast, lunch, coffee breaks, and access to course materials online.
EARLY BIRD RATES AVAILABLE UNTIL AUGUST 20, 2019. Book early and save!
Physician (SMFM Member): $1050
MFM Fellow/Resident/Nurse (SMFM Member): $890
After August 20, course prices will increase $100 in each category listed above.
SMFM welcomes new members. Join now to save on this course, as well as all of our educational offerings. From MFMs and fellows to practice administrators, billing and coding experts, genetic counselors and nurses, there is a membership option available for all stages of your career.Register Now
back to events