State of the Art Ultrasound in Pregnancy
This symposium on April 16-18, 2020 in Washington, DC will feature educational sessions led by international experts on prenatal ultrasound diagnosis, and will provide opportunities for networking with colleagues. In addition, there will be two poster sessions and a hands-on workshop for ultrasound guided invasive prenatal procedures the morning of Thursday, April 16 prior to the start of the course (details below under "optional activity").
Register today! Registration is being processed by ISUOG. Visit the ISUOG website to register.
- Early Bird Registration: $650 for SMFM or ISUOG members; $800 for non-members
- After February 17: $800 for SMFM or ISUOG members; $950 for non-members
Course Directors: Drs. Lorraine Dugoff, Aris Papageorghiou, Laurent Salomon, Lynn Simpson and Joanne Stone.
- Learn how to make the most out of your machine
- Hear about the latest developments in ultrasound in labor
- Take part in hands-on-training in knobology, invasive procedures, and abnormal cases
- Improve your ability to identify heart, brain, abdominal and genito-urinary anomalies
- Understand more about screening for chromosomal anomalies and dealing with the results
CME: This symposium has been pre-approved for up to 21 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ with the addition of the hands-on workshop.
HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS: All official meeting activities will take place at The Washington Marriott Wardman Park. Please visit the hotel's website to reserve your room at the discounted, group rate of $239 USD + tax per night. Alternatively, attendees can call: 1-877-212-5752 to make reservations. To enjoy this special rate, reservations must be made by March 20, 2020.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: Hands-On Workshop for Ultrasound Guided Invasive Procedures
The cost to attend the Hands-on Workshop on Thursday, April 16 from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm is $250 for SMFM or ISUOG members. Places are limited so please book early.
Course Directors: Drs. Brian Brost and Joshua Nitsche
There are decreasing clinical training opportunities for MFM/OB and trainees to get the required training in ultrasound-guided invasive procedures. Learn about available options for simulating ultrasound-guided invasive procedures, gain experience and guidance on the basics of these procedures, and fine-tune your skills with low-frequency procedures.
- To familiarize the participants with available options for simulating ultrasound-guided invasive procedures
- To introduce the participants to curricula specific for different ultrasound-guided invasive procedures
- To provide novice participants with instruction on the basics of ultrasound-guided invasive procedures
- To train experienced providers on how to establish an ultrasound-guided invasive procedure simulation program at their institution
- To demonstrate how simulation can be used by experienced providers to maintain skill with low-frequency procedures
back to events