to the Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine website (the "Site"). This
Site is operated by the Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine (“SMFM”). By accessing or using this Site, you (the
"User") signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound
"Agreement"). SMFM reserves
the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions
date these terms were last revised. Your
continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of
of Use, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Site. It is your responsibility to regularly check
review such changes.
All payments are due upon receipt. If a payment is not received or payment method is declined, the buyer forfeits the ownership of any items purchased. If no payment is received, no items will be shipped.
Shipping will be paid for by the buyer in the amount agreed upon by the seller at the time of purchase. If an item is lost during shipping, the total cost of item, including shipping, will be refunded to the buyer by the seller. Shipping costs may double if shipping internationally. If an item is damaged during shipping, seller will not be held responsible.
Items are entitled to be refunded or returned based on complaint. If an item is damaged during shipping, a replacement item will be sent free of charge. If an item is unsatisfactory, a written explanation is needed before the item may be considered for a refund. Buyer must take into account the description of the item before requesting a refund. If the item matches the description by the seller and the buyer is unsatisfied, seller is not responsible for refund. Exchanges are granted on a case-by-case basis.
Any meeting or course registration, and membership dues payments may be cancelled up until payment has been processed. Once payment has been processed, the buyer will be responsible for a non-refundable processing fee of $75.
TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHT
SMFM, The Pregnancy Foundation, American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Association for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Management, Perinatal Quality Foundation, and other names, and the accompanying logos and designs, all product names, and all page headers, custom graphics, and button icons created by or for SMFM and contained on this Site belong to SMFM. These logos and design of the Site are protected by law and may not be copied or imitated or used with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. No logo, graphic, sound, or image from the Site may be copied or re-transmitted unless expressly permitted by SMFM.
To reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or publicly display material from this Site, you need written permission from SMFM. Users may view and download material from this site only for personal, non-commercial home use. All rights reserved.
You are solely responsible for all content (including comments, text, photos, videos, graphics, and other content) that you upload or post on the Site or share with other users (the "User Content"). You may not post, transmit, or share User Content on the Site that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post. By posting User Content on the Site, you promise that you own any User Content that you post, or that you have obtained the necessary permission for its use. SMFM may, but does not have to, review the Site and may refuse, delete, or remove (without notice) any User Content or other content on the Site in its sole discretion, at any time, with or without prior notice or explanation and without liability, for any reason or no reason. This includes User Content that in the sole judgment of the SMFM violates this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users or others.
You retain full ownership of all of your User Content. However, when you post User Content to the Site, you are granting to SMFM an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully-paid, royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such User Content. Without limitation, this license you grant to SMFM shall include the right to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, any User Content you post and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
USER CODE OF CONDUCT
You understand that the Site is available for your personal, non-commercial use only, and you agree not to use any portion of the Site for commercial activities. You agree that you will not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes a burden or load on our infrastructure. In addition, you agree not to use the Site to:
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Site for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Site in any unlawful manner, in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws and regulations of the United States or the country in which you reside, or in any other manner that could damage or impair the Site;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or interact with the Site;
- upload or post any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, tortious, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, lewd, excessively violent, sexually explicit, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that you do not have a right to make available (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers or any information that creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- collect personal data about other users
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate, harass, or stalk another;
- harm minors in any way;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute or encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of SMFM, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the the Site, or which may expose SMFM or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
THIRD PARTY WEB SITES AND CONTENT
The Site contains links to other Web sites ("Third Party Sites") as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, video, information and other content originating from third parties (the "Third Party Content"). SMFM has no control over and is not responsible in any way for any Third Party Sites or any Third Party Content available through the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Content. Such Third Party Sites are not necessarily investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy or completeness by SMFM. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites or to use or rely on any Third Party Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users and members of the Site. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
DISCLAIMERS REGARDING CONTENT AND USE
SMFM is not responsible or liable in any manner for any User Content or Third Party Content posted on the Site. Although we provide rules for user conduct and postings, we do not control and are not responsible for what users post, transmit or share on the Site and are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter on the Site or in connection with any User Content or Third Party Content. SMFM assumes no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate User Content or Third Party Content. The SMFM is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Site.
The views and conclusions contained in this Site are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing the opinions or policies of SMFM.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we prohibit users from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting on the Site any materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights. If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement to our Designated Agent set forth below. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING SMFM THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS. Written notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
Christopher Coleman, Project Manager
409 12th Street, SW. Washington, DC 20024
To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of
a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is
- Identification of the copyrighted work
claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single
online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such
works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is
claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that
is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information
reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to
permit the service provider to contact the Complaining Party, such as an
address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at
which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the Complaining Party
has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is
not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in
the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the
Complaining Party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive
right that is allegedly infringed.
receipt of the written Notification containing the information as outlined
- SMFM may remove or disable access to
the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- SMFM may forward the written
notification to such alleged infringer;
- SMFM may take reasonable steps to
promptly notify the alleged infringer that it has removed or disabled access to
Counter Notification: SMFM is not liable to the alleged infringer for removal or disabling the material. If the alleged infringer believes that the removal or disabling was in error, the alleged infringer must provide SMFM with a counter-notification to have the materials replaced. To be effective, a Counter Notification must be a written communication provided to SMFM's Designated Agent that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of
the alleged infringer;
- Identification of the material that
has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which
the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury
that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was
removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material
to be removed or disabled;
- The alleged infringer’s name, address,
and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to
the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which
the address is located, or if the alleged infringer's address is outside of the
United States, for any other appropriate judicial district.
receipt of a Counter Notification containing the information as outlined above:
- SMFM shall promptly provide the
Complaining Party with a copy of the Counter Notification;
- SMFM shall inform the Complaining
Party that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it
within ten (10) business days;
- SMFM shall replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter Notification, provided SMFM’s Designated Agent has not received notice from the Complaining Party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain the alleged infringer from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Site.
INTEGRATION, NOTICES, WAIVER, SEVERABILITY
When you visit or use this Site and send e-mails to us through this Site or another provider, you are communicating with us electronically and thus consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this Site or linking to such notices. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Any questions or concerns about items being purchased or membership dues payment may be sent to email@example.com. Any questions or concerns about any meeting or course registrations may be sent to Director of Meetings and Events: firstname.lastname@example.org or (202)863-2435. There is no guarantee of a resolution. Each case will be looked at individually, and the seller will be in contact as well.
The seller is not responsible for any health or safety concerns once the buyer has received the item. If any harm is incurred from the items purchased by the buyer, the seller shares no responsibility.
These terms and conditions are subject to change. Last updated October 27, 2016.