01. Diabesity: Type 2 Diabetes and Obesity: Practical Approaches to Clinical Management
Feb. 11, 2019 8am - 5pm
Celeste Durnwald, MD
Erika Werner, MD
Kim Boggess, MD
Lorraine Dugoff, MD
Francesca Facco, MD
Christina Han, MD
Terri Hernandez, PhD
Marcela Smid, MD
Linda Szymanski, MD, PhD
Akuezunkpa Ude Welcome, MD
- To review prenatal management of women with Type 2 diabetes, including pharmacologic management and antenatal testing.
- To discuss the role of bariatric surgery in obese women and the implications on a future pregnancy.
- To outline diagnostic approaches and management of common coexisting medical illness and complications in obese women.
- To emphasize the importance of lifestyle interventions for women with obesity in pregnancy.
- To review the data that translates into our recommended dietary management of the diabetic pregnancy.
|Session Time||Session Title||Session Speaker|
|8:05-8:40am||Type 2 DM: We Are Not GDM, Don'T Treat Us Like We Are||Durnwald|
|8:40-9:10am||Metformin in Type 2 DM: What We Know, What We Need to Learn||Boggess|
|9:10-9:50am||Utility Of Ultrasound In Management Of Patients With Diabetes||Han|
|9:50-10:00am||Q and A: 1st Session||Durnwald, Boggess, Han|
|10:30-11:15am||Bariatric Surgery for Obese Women||Ude Welcome|
|11:15-11:50am||Pregnancy Management After Gastric Bypass||Werner|
|11:50am-12:00pm||Q and A: 2nd Session||Ude Welcome, Werner|
|1:00-1:40pm||Screening For Aneuploidy In The Obese Patient: Pearls And Pitfalls||Dugoff|
|1:40-2:15pm||Sleep Disorders, A Common Comorbidity In Diabetes In Pregnancy||Facco|
|2:15-2:50pm||The Dreaded Wound Complication: Approaches To Prevention And Treatment Of Wound Complications After Cesarean||Smid|
|2:50-3:00pm||Q and A: 3rd Session||Dugoff, Facco, Smid|
|3:30-4:15pm||Exercise And Obesity: How Do We Get Our Patients Moving?||Szymanski|
|4:15-4:55pm||Nutrition Recommendations And Diabetes: What Is The Data?||Hernandez|