02. Obstetric Complications Debates: Preterm Birth and Beyond
Feb. 11, 2019 8am - 5pm
Anjali Kaimal, MD, MSCR
Judette Louis, MD, MPH
Joseph Biggio, Jr., MD, MS
Kimberly De Stefano, MD
William Grobman, MD, MBA
Torre Halscott, MD, MSCR
Israel Hendler, MD
Mariam Naqvi, MD
Sarah Obican, MD
Luis Pacheco, MD
Sindhu Srinivas, MD
Alison Stuebe, MD, MSc
Methodius Tuuli, MD, MPH
This course has been approved for 7 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
- To compare the pros and cons of different delivery timing options in preterm preeclampsia.
- To examine the evidence surrounding mode of delivery options in the periviable pregnancy.
- To examine the evidence surrounding cerclage use in twin gestation.
- To compare the pros and cons of elective induction of labor at 39 weeks.
- To discuss the strategies for the management of amniotic fluid embolus.
|Session Time||Session Title||Session Speaker|
|8:30-9:00am||Preterm Preeclampsia: Deliver Soon vs. Expectant Management||DeStefano/Louis|
|9:00-9:30am||Cerclage in Twin Pregnancies: Never Indicated vs. a Viable Option||Obican/Hendler|
|9:30-10:00am||Q and A|
|10:30-11:00am||Periviable Birth with Malpresentation: Cesarean is Best vs. Mode of Delivery Makes No Difference||Naqvi/Hendler|
|11:00-11:30am||We Should Use Bundles to Prevent SSI vs. We Can Reduce SSI Without Bundles||Srinivas/Tuuli|
|11:30am-12:00pm||Q and A|
|1:00-1:30pm||Amniotic Fluid Embolus is Lethal vs. Amniotic Fluid Embolus is Not Necessarily Lethal - There is Room for Improvement||Pacheco/Halscott|
|1:30-2:00 pm||Elective Induction of Labor: Nothing Good Happens After 39 Weeks vs. Stop Being an Interventionist||Grobman/Stuebe|
|2:00-2:30pm||Q and A|
|2:30-3:00pm||Late Breaking - Audience Topics|
|3:30-4:00pm||First Trimester US in the Age of Cell-Free DNA. Is There a Role for It? Yes or No?||Kaimal/Biggio|
|4:00-4:30pm||Late Breaking - Audience Topics|
|4:30-5:00pm||Q and A|