09. Hands-On Workshop for Critical Care Simulation
Feb. 12, 2019 8am - 12pm
Shad Deering, MD, FACOG
Arthur "Jason" Vaught, MD
Meredith Birsner, MD
Dena Goffman, MD
Monica Lutgendorf, MD, FACOG
This course is eligible for 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 credits.
- To understand how to manage and treat sepsis in pregnancy.
- To gain knowledge and skills in the treatment of postpartum hemorrhage (i.e., uterotonics, correction of disseminated intravascular coagulopathy, balloon tamponade, initiation of interventional radiology or hysterectomy).
- To understand the treatment of drug overdose in pregnancy.
- To have a complete knowledge of cardiopulmonary life support in pregnancy.
- To understand cardiovascular changes in pregnancy.
|Session Time||Session Title||Session Speaker|
|8:05-8:20am||Cardiac Arrest/ACLS in Pregnancy||Goffman|
|8:20-8:40am||Sepsis in Pregnancy||Vaught|
|8:40-9:00am||Drug Overdose/Drugs of Abuse in Pregnancy||Birsner|
|9:15-10:10am||Simulation Stations – Rotation #1||All Participants|
|10:10-11:00am||Simulation Stations – Rotation #2||All Participants|
|11:00-11:50am||Simulation Stations – Rotation #3||All Participants|
|11:50am-12:00pm||Debriefing, Wrap Up and Questions|