05. Controversies in Labor and Delivery
Feb. 12, 2019 8am - 5pm
Alison Cahill, MD
William Grobman, MD, MBA
Aaron Caughey, MD, PhD
Lisa Levine, MD
Nandini Raghuraman, MD, MSc
Dwight Rouse, MD
Moeun Son, MD, MSCI
Methodius Tuuli, MD, MPH
This course has been approved for 7.25 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
- To understand controversies in the management of the first stage of labor.
- To understand controversies in the management of the second stage of labor.
- To understand controversies in labor induction.
- To understand controversies in labor augmentation.
- To understand controversies in infection prophylaxis at cesarean delivery.
|Session Time||Session Title||Session Speaker|
|8:00-8:40am||Is Zhang the New Friedman?||Caughey|
|8:40-9:20am||Second-to-None Management of the 2nd Stage||Cahill|
|9:20-10:00am||Elective Induction at 39 Weeks: Friend or Foe?||Grobman|
|10:30-11:20am||Infection Prophylaxis for CS: How Much is Too Much?||Tuuli|
|11:20am-12:00pm||Panel Discussion||Caughey, Cahill, Grobman, Tuuli|
|1:00-1:40pm||Response to Cat II Tracings: Does Anything Help?||Raghuramen|
|1:40-2:20pm||Evidence-Based Augmentation Strategies: Follow the Evidence or Do What You Want?||Son|
|2:20-3:00pm||Contractions: What are We Doing?||Rouse|
|3:30-4:20pm||Why is Ripening the Cervix so Difficult?||Levine|
|4:20-5:00pm||Panel Discussion||Raghuramen, Son, Rouse, Levine|