08. Putting the “M” in MFM: Hypertensive Emergencies During Pregnancy
Feb. 12, 2019 1 - 5pm
Shad Deering, MD, FACOG
Michael Foley, MD
Dena Goffman, MD
Cornelia Graves, MD
Leslie Moroz, MD, MS
Loralei Thornburg, MD
There is no CME credit available for this course.
1. Describe approach for selecting antihypertensive agent.
2. Summarize indications and therapeutic options for ICU management of hypertensive emergencies.
3. Explain an approach to managing stroke in labor and delivery.
4. Prepare to implement or augment existing bundles for hypertensive emergencies.
5. Develop an approach to practice and debrief hypertensive emergencies.
|Session Time||Session Title||Session Speaker|
|1:15-1:45pm||Hypertensive Emergencies – An Overview of the Problem With Attention to Racial Disparity||Graves|
|1:45-2:15pm||New Thinking About Choosing the Initial Agent for Treatment: An Innovative Approach to an Old Problem.||Foley|
|2:15-2:45pm||Managing Hypertensive Emergencies Beyond L and D Protocols: ICU Management||Moroz|
|2:45-3:00pm||Managing Stroke During Labor and Delivery: Part 1||Thornburg|
|3:30-3:45pm||Managing Stroke During Labor and Delivery: Part 2||Thornburg|
|3:45-4:15pm||Implementing Bundles – Guidelines and Checklists for Hypertensive Emergencies During Pregnancy||Goffman|
|4:15-4:45pm||Practicing and Debriefing for HTN Emergencies||Deering|
|4:45-5:00pm||Summary and Wrap Up||Faculty|