16. Medical Complications: Beyond the Usual Suspects
Feb. 13, 2019 8am - 2:30pm
Michelle Owens, MD, MS, FACOG
Flint Porter, MD, MPH
David Branch, MD
Brian Casey, MD
James Hill, MD
This course is approved for 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
1. Be familiar with up to date recommendations for anticoagulation during pregnancy.
2. Understand the safety of biological agents during pregnancy.
3. Be familiar with new recommendations regarding the diagnosis and management of hemoglobinopathies during pregnancy.
4. Be familiar with evidence-based recommendations regarding the diagnosis and management of thyroid disorders during pregnancy.
5. Recognize appropriate management of pregnancies in women with prior transplantation.
|Session Time||Session Title||Session Speaker|
|8:00-8:10am||Course Introductions||Owens, Porter|
|8:10-9:00am||Update on Recommendations for Anticoagulation Use During Pregnancy||Branch|
|9:00-9:40am||The Safe Use of Biologic Agents During Pregnancy||Porter|
|9:40-10:00am||Q and A||Branch, Porter|
|10:30-11:15am||Hemoglobinopathies in Pregnancy: Who, How, and When?||Owens|
|11:15am-12:00pm||Optimizing Pregnancy Outcome After Transplant||Hill|
|1:00-1:50pm||Thyroid Disorders in Pregnancy: Evidence-Based Guidelines for Testing and Treatment||Casey|