Hands-On Workshop for Ultrasound Guided Invasive Procedures
Feb. 4, 2020 1 - 5:30pm
Brian Brost, MD
Joshua Nitsche, MD, PhD
Mallory Alkis, MD
Elisabeth Codsi, MD
Melissa Kozakiewicz, MD
Peter Napolitano, MD
Sarah Shepard, DO
Kristina Shumard, MD
Linda Street, MD
Sarah White, MD, FACOG
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Global Learning Collaborative (GLC) and SMFM. GLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Global Learning Collaborative designates this enduring material for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- To familiarize the participants with available options for simulating ultrasound-guided invasive procedures.
- To introduce the participants to curricula specific for different ultrasound guided invasive procedures
- To provide novice participants with instruction on the basics of ultrasound guided invasive procedures
- To train experienced providers on how to establish a ultrasound guided invasive procedure simulation program at their institution
- To demonstrate how simulation can be used by experienced providers to maintain skill with low-frequency procedures
|Session Time||Session Title||Session Speaker|
|1:00 – 1:15 pm||Introduction to Ultrasound-Guided Invasive Procedure Simulation||Brost/Nitsche|
|1:15 – 1:45 pm||Ultrasound Guidance Basics||Course Faculty|
|1:45 – 2:15 pm||Ultrasound Guidance Targeting Tasks||Course Faculty|
|2:15 – 3:00 pm||Hands-On Simulation-Round 1 Amniocentesis Chorionic Villus Sampling In-Utero Stenting||Course Faculty|
|3:00 – 3:30 pm||Break|
|3:30 – 4:15 pm||Hands-On Simulation-Round 2 Amniocentesis Chorionic Villus Sampling In-Utero Stenting||Course Faculty|
|4:15 – 5:00 pm||Hands-On Simulation-Round 3 Amniocentesis Chorionic Villus Sampling In-Utero Stenting ||Course Faculty|
|5:00 – 5:30 pm||Wrap-Up and Free Practice Time||Brost/Nitsche|
If you or your colleague are unable to attend this course, it will also be offered at the SMFM-ISUOG course, State of the Art Ultrasound in Pregnancy, in DC on April 16-18. You can review the program and register online at www.isuog.org/event/state-of-the-art-ultrasound-in-pregnancy.html.