The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM) represents more than 6,000 individual members. The core membership is comprised of maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) sub-specialists. MFM sub-specialists are obstetricians with additional years of formal training and board certification in maternal-fetal medicine. Additionally, SMFM welcomes physicians in related disciplines, nurses, genetic counselors, ultrasound technicians, MFM administrators, and others working toward optimal and equitable perinatal outcomes for all people who desire or experience pregnancy.
Member Benefits Include
- Print and online editions of the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Free member-only webinars and online education
- Reduced registration fees for The Annual Pregnancy Meeting™ and other in-person events throughout the year
- Access to member-only Online Communities
- Member-only discounts on products and career center postings
- Cutting-edge clinical guidelines and publications
- Research funding opportunities through the Foundation for SMFM
- Professional development and leadership opportunities
- The opportunity for your voice to be heard in Washington, DC, through SMFM’s advocacy and outreach efforts
- And much more!
Do you have any questions regarding membership? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join SMFM Today
SMFM membership cycle runs from June 1 – May 31.
Join SMFM Today
Membership Addendum at the time of application for annual renewal of membership, each member will attest to the fact that:
- They have not been sanctioned or have had their membership revoked by any national certifying or licensing body related to their medical or scientific discipline, including the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, since their most recent renewal of membership.
- They have had no finding of scientific misconduct or violation of ethical standards against them by any governmental, academic or scientific regional, national, or international institution or body, including the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, since their most recent renewal of membership.
- They have not had revoked, and currently have no restriction or limitation of any license to practice medicine in their area of current practice since their most recent renewal of membership (applicable to physician members only); and each member will affirm their understanding that such criteria may be considered grounds for rejection of their annual reapplication for membership within the Society.