Commitment to Health Equity
SMFM’s mission, vision, and strategic direction recognize that success is dependent upon reflecting the diversity of the communities that MFMs serve. SMFM’s advocacy agenda prioritizes health equity and supports policy proposals that are aimed at eliminating health care inequities for high-risk pregnant women. Learn more about our work and get involved.
- SEE WHERE WE STAND. Read SMFM’s position statements: “Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership” and “Racial Disparities in Health Outcomes," as well as our special statement, "The Affordable Care Act's Foundation of Coverage: Essential Health Benefits are Essential."
- LEARN. We have a new committee dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workforce. Familiarize yourself with the charge of the committee and its members. Consider applying for membership in 2021. Members only.
- MENTOR. Use our online Mentor Match to connect
with a mentor or mentee across the country. Members only.
- ADVOCATE. Use our interactive, online scorecard focused on disparities in maternal mortality to advocate for policy changes in your state.
- WATCH. Watch our recent Rally to Prevent Maternal Mortality.