The dates for the 2019 Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialty Fellowship Match for 2020 appointments are:
- June 26, 2019 Match Opens
- August 7, 2019 Rank Order List Entry Opens
- September 18, 2019 Quota Change Deadline
- October 2, 2019 Rank Order List Certification Deadline
- October 16, 2019 Match Day
The Society supports Fellows through educational programs and funding for specialized research and clinical experiences. We welcome first-year fellows to the Society at our annual First Year Fellow Retreat each fall, which brings together veteran MFM specialists and our newest members. Additional resources include:
Finding a Fellowship
Search for fellowship opportunities through the ACGME website and our Fellowships at-a-glance document.
Applying for a Fellowship
Advice for OB/GYN residents interested in MFM fellowship
Research Funding Together with the Foundation for SMFM, we offer grants and scholarships for aspiring MFM specialists and those more advanced in their career path.
Research Consult Hotline (members only) This resource is for MFM Fellows seeking guidance or assistance with their research. Through our Hotline, an experienced researcher will provide advice, troubleshooting, and if desired, a mentor to address a specific need.
- Online MFM Lecture Series (members only) Our MFM Lecture Series complements the MFM Fellowship Program with a twice-monthly, no-cost webinar featuring leaders in MFM, ultrasound, research, neonatalogy and genetics.
- Fellowship Directory A complete list of U.S. based MFM fellowships and program directors.
- Finding Your First MFM Job After Fellowship Drs. Dan O'Keeffe and Brian Iriye share pearls from your peers on what they wish they had learned or did during Fellowship, and then walk through how to approach the job search including the basics of physician contracts.