Important dates for 2022:
- May 2, 2022—deadline for applications to be included in the first notification
- May 16, 2022—single notification date for interviews
- May 23, 2022—initial deadline to accept or decline interviews
dates for the 2022 Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialty Fellowship Match for 2023 appointments are:
- June 29, 2022 Match Opens
- July 20, 2022 Ranking Opens
- August 24. 2022 Quota Deadline
- September 14, 2022 Ranking Closes
- September 28. 2022 Match Day
The Society supports Fellows through
educational programs and funding for specialized research and clinical
experiences. We welcome first-year fellows to the Society at our annual First
Year Fellow Retreat each fall, which brings together veteran MFM specialists
and our newest members. Additional resources include:
Finding a Fellowship
Search for fellowship opportunities through the ACGME website and our Fellowships at-a-glance document.
Fellowship Directory A complete list of U.S. based MFM fellowships and program directors.
Fellowship Map with Interview Dates
A complete list of Fellowship and interview dates by state.
Applying for a Fellowship
Advice for OB/GYN residents interested in MFM fellowship
Research Funding Together with the Foundation for SMFM, we offer grants and scholarships for aspiring MFM specialists and those more advanced in their career path.
Research Consult Hotline (members only) This resource is for MFM Fellows seeking guidance or assistance with their research. Through our Hotline, an experienced researcher will provide advice, troubleshooting, and if desired, a mentor to address a specific need.
- Online MFM Lecture Series (members only) Our MFM Lecture Series complements the MFM Fellowship Program with a twice-monthly, no-cost webinar featuring leaders in MFM, ultrasound, research, neonatalogy and genetics.
- Finding Your First MFM Job After Fellowship Drs. Dan O'Keeffe and Brian Iriye share pearls from your peers on what they wish they had learned or did during Fellowship, and then walk through how to approach the job search including the basics of physician contracts.